I decided not to take a break time snack to work this academic year and so far (yes I know we're only two weeks into the new term!) I haven't actually missed it. This is good news as I am trying to get back to three meals per day with the minimum of snacking in between.
I do find it harder later afternoon when I get home, but I'm working on that - one step at a time!
Meals have been extremely healthy today - smoked salmon and scrambled egg for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and Spicy Chicken for dinner. Hope you enjoy it!
Spicy Chicken
Ingredients:
Chicken thighs - 2 per person - seasoned with salt and pepper.
A red onion cut into wedges
A brown onion cut into wedges
Courgette - thickly sliced
6 tomatoes
5-6 cloves of garlic - skin on
Large pepper in large chunks
Chorizo sliced.
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
Method:
Heat oven to 190•fan, 200/210 conventional oven
Place vegetables into roasting dish, cook for approx 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and add the Chorizo and chicken thighs. Sprinkle the dried herbs over the chicken and return to the oven for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Half way through cooking time remove dish from oven, tip gently and use juices to baste the chicken. Return to oven for rest of cooking time.
Serve with green vegetables as desired
and enjoy.
Have a healthy eating weekend everyone!

Looks delicious Lynda !
ReplyDelete