Thursday, 24 September 2015

Day24!

I'd be a lot more excited about day 24 if I'd lost some of the 8lbs I was hoping to lose in September. However I have to be completely honest and report that I am still exactly the same as when I started! My clothes do feel a little looser but nothing has happened on the scales! 
It would be easy to feel discouraged in these circumstances and decide to throw in the towel and creep away quietly to comfort myself with a jumbo sized bar of chocolate. However, I'm in this for the long haul. I know that after losing 2stone of the 2.5 stone I wanted to lose 2 years ago that the last 7-10lbs will be the hardest to shift. 
So what can I do to make a difference? Well the most sensible thing to do is keep a food diary for a week. Write down every single thing that passes my lips and be 100% honest. This is a truly tedious task but it will reveal if and where things are going wrong. In my case it's not due to eating sweets and cakes and other forbidden treats, it's much more likely to be too many hidden grammes of carbohydrate. Sadly I have  a very low tolerance of carbs and find it virtually impossible to lose weight unless my carb consumption is under 5% of my daily diet. 
So tomorrow morning I will start my diary - I'll share it with you so you can see what a typical week's diet is for me, hopefully you'll find it useful. 
Bye for now!

Just before I go - here's a shot of this morning's sunrise - so very peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment