a) give up?
b) eat like a mad thing for the rest of the day because you've spoilt it now anyway?
c) get straight back on track?
Now I don't usually eat cereals at all - it's a minefield for me as I'm gluten intolerant, but I really, really fancied a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes this evening so I had one!
99.9% of the time my diet is Lowcarbhighfat with no grains at all, but on the rare occasions when I do eat something else I don't beat myself up about it. I accept it as something I fancied eating at the time and move on. More importantly I don't use it as an excuse to give myself permission to eat anything and everything! For one thing that would make me feel very ill, but for another I am able to accept the odd slip up without branding myself a failure.
Changing your eating habits is a process and the odd occasion when you don't 'stick to plan' isn't going to do a lot of damage. It's when those occasions have become the norm and we've lost sight of our initial goals that we should start to worry!

No comments:
Post a Comment