Sunday, 6 September 2015

Day 5 - better late than never!

I had one of those days today - an seemingly endless list of jobs to get done and they all seemed to take much longer than expected! But I managed to get them done in time to go for lunch at Cafe Vaudeville in Belfast. The lunchtime menu was interesting and varied and I was able to have a choice between a number of gluten free dishes. I settled on a duck and watermelon salad. When it arrived it was huge! No small skimpy portions there! It was also delicious, as the duck was really crispy and contrasted beautifully with the peppery rocket and coriander leaves and the sweet watermelon. After such a healthy lunch I was inspired and dinner was a prawn stir fry with ginger and a gluten free Japanese soy sauce. 
       Tasty prawn stir fry.
After dinner it was time to go to a family 18th birthday party. There was fabulous food there (and enough alcohol to stock an off licence!) but I was driving so stuck to one small glass of wine which I sipped very slowly before switching to soft drinks for the rest of the evening. It was a very late night so as a result I'm only posting this on Sunday evening! Oops! Must do better next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment