But for any change in your diet to work you need to ensure that you are getting enough of the key elements your body needs to thrive, and what your body needs is moderate amounts of protein, high levels of good fats and a very small amount of carbohydrate. Around 25% of what I eat is good quality protein such as meat, poultry, eggs and fish, around 70% is fat - including double cream, whole fat yogurt, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts and avocado and oily fish and around 5% carbohydrates from fresh berries, vegetables and salads.
This high ratio of fat may seem a lot but it's necessary to fill you up and stop you snacking on unhealthy refined carbohydrates such as breads and baked goods. One of my favourite sources of fat is full fat natural Greek yogurt. I love it! I've tried every local supermarkets own brand along with some well known makes, and in my opinion the very best one is Lidl's at £1.38 per 1kg tub
It's so good that I find it difficult to stop eating it once I start and have had to restrict myself to one tub per week! As you can see my toy poodle Teddy is also a big fan!


No comments:
Post a Comment